Renewable Energy Homeowner Grant Program
About The Program
- Homeowners are eligible for a non-repayable grant of up to 50% of total project costs, up to a maximum of $30,000, which ever amount is the lesser of the two.
- Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applications will be reviewed and a letter of response provided within 30 days of receipt.
- Funds will be provided upon completion of system installation.
- System installation must be completed within the timeline provided in QEC ‘s Letter of Approval.
- NHC staff are available to answer any questions during this process. They will contact you if any clarification is needed in your application.
- For more information on the application process, please refer to the program guidelines.
Upon completion, funding recipients must submit the following to the Nunavut Housing Corporation:
- Receipts showing your system is paid in full, noting the supplier, the date of purchase and itemized material costs.
- Photos of the installed system, including:
- Solar array
- Bi-directional meter
- Batteries and charge controller (if installed)